Woodland Park Chapel is a non-denominational Bible church located in the Gateway area of east Portland, Oregon. We are affiliated with an organization that originally started out as the American Sunday School Union (ASSU) in 1817, then was called American Missionary Fellowship for many years, and is now called, InFaith.
Arnold Motz served as pastor of Woodland Park Chapel from the mid-1950s until 2013.
Who We Are
Today Woodland Park Chapel is undergoing renewal and growth and continues to be used by the Lord to call people to faith and to serve the Gateway area of Portland with Christ-centered, Biblically-based, Mission-minded ministry.
In the mid-1930s the Lord Jesus Christ laid on the heart of the Henry Motz family to build chapels in East Multnomah County -- an area that was largely unchurched at the time. Woodland Park Chapel was the second of five chapels built, and it had its first worship service on Easter Sunday, April 1st, 1945.